The Mineral Hill Mine is an established gold-copper mine in the highly prospective Cobar Basin in New South Wales. Mineral Hill boasts an extensive gold, copper, zinc, lead and silver resource, alongside existing gold production and outstanding exploration upside.
Gold tailings on site are currently being re-processed through the CIL circuit, delivering gold production for Kingston. Beyond the existing Resource base, there are a number of outstanding exploration targets located within the Mining Lease hosting high-grade historic drilling results to be followed up.
The Project hosts existing infrastructure, including an existing processing plant, access to grid power and public roads. The Company has initiated work to recommence open pit and underground mining, with a life of mine plan out to 2027.
The Mineral Hill Mine is an historic operating mine site which was placed on care and maintenance in 2016. The site consists of a number of exploration and development opportunities including several historic small open pit and underground operations and a number of exploration targets.
Mining lease and infrastructure
The Mineral Hill Mine has extensive existing infrastructure, which allows for an accelerated path to production of gold-silver dore, copper, lead, and zinc concentrates.
- History of underground and open pit mines.
- Numerous gold-silver and polymetallic Cobar style mineral deposits all within approved mining leases.
- Current cash flow from reprocessing historical tailings, owner miner.
- Full mine approvals, environmental permits & biodiversity offset, tailings facilities, water and power all in place.
Transitioning to open pit and underground mining.
- Successful Tailings Project delivering platform for growth.
- Life of Mine production target out to 2027.
- High grade gold and silver from open pit mining.
- Underground mining to produce high-tech critical metals, with first copper concentrate in CY2025.
- High potential to add mining inventory from exploration within the current mining leases.
Multiple new priority targets identified at Mineral Hill
- Mineral Exploration Licenses EL1999 and EL8334 represent a first-class exploration footprint in the Cobar Basin which hosts a number of gold, copper-gold and polymetallic occurrences and operating mines
- Numerous near mine targets with potential to significantly expand contained copper and gold – none of which have been previously drill tested
- Induced Polarisation (IP) targets correlate closely to the geophysical signature of existing mineralisation and mined orebodies, increasing confidence in the quality of these greenfield targets
Reserves and Resource
Mineral Resources for the Mineral Hill Mine have been compiled for five separate ore bodies within the existing Mining Lease. Ore Reserves have been estimated for three deposits at TSF, Pearce South and Pearce North (see ASX announcement 18 November 2021).
The existing Mineral Resource and Ore Reserve provides a solid foundation for Kingston to unlock the potential of the Mineral Hill asset, with minimal capital required to access several production-ready open pit and underground deposits.
Arial view of Mineral Hill